The Township of Maplewood understands that these changes and new rules may be difficult at first, however they are intended to mitigate contact between people in township-owned buildings to lower the spread of Covid-19. The Township of Maplewood cannot guarantee that individuals will not be exposed to COVID-19 while in township buildings, however, if we work together, we can offer performances, classes and events that are as safe as possible, and socially distanced.
- Doors on both sides of the venue will be open for better ventilation, please make sure you were layers and weather appropriate clothing.
- All patrons, participants and guests will have their temperature checked upon entering. Anyone who has a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will not be allowed to attend the performance, class or event.
- All patrons and guests over the age of 2 must wear masks for the entire time that they are in the WOODLAND, including during the performance, class or event unless it is not medically feasible to do so. The mask must cover the mouth and nose. Patrons, participants and guests refusing to wear a mask will not be permitted to attend the performance, class or event and will not be eligible to receive a refund or exchange of ticket(s).
- Please do not attend a performance, class or event if you are an "at-risk" individual:
- exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, or
- have been in contact with someone with symptoms within the past 14 days, or
- traveled from an area with a travel advisory due to high COVID transmission rates
- If you choose to attend a performance, class or event, then you are assuming all risks related to being exposed to COVID-19, and Woodland Management and The Township of Maplewood will not be held responsible.
- All patrons must have their tickets printed or available on their phone.
- All patrons, participants and guests must use the sanitizing station at the Woodland door entrance before they enter the room.
- All patrons will be escorted to their seats and will be required to stay in their designated areas with the exception of departing the building or using the bathroom.
- All patrons who leave and want to reenter must be screened again at the entrance.
- Individuals and households who purchase or reserve tickets together may be seated together, however they must maintain six feet distance from all other groups or individuals in all directions.
- All patrons must adhere to social distancing while attending a performance, class or event. Floor decals will indicate where you can stand. Patrons not adhering to the social distancing guidelines will not be permitted to attend the performance, class or event and may be asked to leave the venue.
- All patrons, participants and guests must adhere to directions given by Woodland management and Maplewood Township Staff while inside the venue or on the grounds of The Woodland.
- Events will be limited to a maximum of 90 minutes without intermission or opportunity to mingle for performance events.
- Food and beverage will not be permitted for indoor ticketed events.
- All guidelines and rules are subject to change, and new rules may be added as instructed by guidelines and directives from the Maplewood Health Division as well as the Governor of New Jersey.
Seating and Emergency Exits
o As of 9/4/2020 the State of New Jersey is allowing performing arts venues to have a 25% capacity or 150, whichever is the lesser. With a total capacity of 352, the Great Hall can seat 88 people.
o The Township of Maplewood must provide accessible seating within the reduced capacity limitation. At a minimum we will provide 4 accessible seating areas that are wheelchair assessible as well as an additional entrance access for ADA compliance.
o The Woodland Great Hall has 5 emergency exits in the main room; the main entrance, stage left and stage right. With the reduced capacity, Maplewood Township staff are to maintain their regular evacuation procedures.